Monday, June 7, 2010

Malibu

Last night Emily, and I were taken by my friend to watch Casablanca in the cemetery by Paramount. Now as sketchy as my mother thought it sounded, apparently it is very much the cool thing to do. We lined up a good 45 minutes before and I can honestly say their were about 200 people before us and about 300 after. Everyone packs a picnic and we were in shock how everyone went silent as the movie started...unlike our group who had a mad case of the giggles.

It's amazing just how small this world really is to find that one of the people sitting beside me would be at my summer camp's sister camp in a few weeks and that we have a) friends in common b) the same jobs and c) both our names sound very much like Olive. His name was Oliver. You don't understand how weird it was. Apparently I was the only one who thought it was beyond strange. He could have sat ANYWHERE in the entire cemetery. ANYWAYS...

Today we road tripped out to beautiful Malibu. It was pretty cloudy for the first half of the day so we shopped around the Malibu Country Mart. Emily managed to spot Suzanne Somers on our trip and although we could not think of her name at the time, we managed to figure out her name by typing in "blonde actress who uses non FDA approved drugs to stay young." Gotta love Google. 

We then headed to the beach for the rest of the afternoon once the sun came out...


                                                                       Emily and I in Malibu!!

Emily leaves tomorrow morning after a pretty eventful weekend and my friend Chloe comes tomorrow afternoon! It is officially my last week in LA...time is ticking.

No comments:

Post a Comment