Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Home

Well my trip to LA has finally come to an end. I am desperately struggling to get use to the time change here at home. My last weekend was fantastic. I really could have not asked for anything better. After my last day of hanging at the store Saturday I ran home (with my friend Chloe who returned a day early) and got ready for a night out with the girls from the store and some other wonderful people I have met along the way. We had dinner at Dantana's which was beyond fun and super hilarious as we squished as many people we could into the smallest tables. Kevin Connolly ate around the corner with a girl who looked so much like Mandy Moore in her days circa Princess Diaries/Stupid Cupid. (She looked so much taller then him even while sitting down). After we shuffled over to Truesdale where we had organized a booth and for a handful of other people to join us. I had a GREAT time, especially because even the non-party go-ers of the group came out and had a great time.

Saturday, Chloe and I had a late lunch at the Ivy and had a quick shop around Kitson. I left Chloe to venture around Robinson (she ended up WALKING home...crazy girl) and I went to my friends house around the corner. This girl housed me my first few days here so it was sort of a nice end of my trip to spend my early evening with her. I broke down and sobbed saying goodbye (as expected by me) and I could barely get a grip of myself.

On a happier note, that night Chloe took me to her friends birthday in Room 64 of Chateau Marmont. It is the top penthouse suite where Britney Spears and Colin Farrell were once caught smooching. The view was incredible as everyone sipped champagne and ate Sprinkles cupcakes.

It was an INCREDIBLE last night and a pretty painful morning waking up early to catch my flight home.

Well I had 61 days to make it or break it and clearly I didn't make it but I don't think I broke it all down either. I know how lucky I am to have gone on this trip and the people I have met and the opportunities that have presented themselves along the way have all left wide open doors of possibilities for me in the future. I have definitely learned the ins and outs (and the do's and don'ts) of the fashion world as well as many of the back stories of the reality world (just ask for details). I know how to get started in the industry and what contacts I need to hold onto.

In the end I am returning with heavier luggage, some extra tan lines, some great new friends, and a celebrity sightings list as long as the distance traveled from LA to Toronto. I can't be sure that I will continue this blog. You may get one or two more posts before I take off to camp. I may start a new one, or I may not. I have really enjoyed the journey and I thank you all for reading it and for coming on this journey with me! I am currently at 742 page visitors which I am BEYOND amazed at but I am going to assume that 70% of that was my mother. I am sorry for my horrible spelling and my run on sentences but I doubt this will be publicized into a book any time soon so please stop sending me e-mails about it (haha).

Well even though I am home doesn't mean the celebrities have to stop, right? I am going to the Much Music Video Awards this Sunday (as well as the after party)! I will definitely tell you how those go and if Kristin Cavallari remembers me from the store! Speaking of which...I am almost embarrassed to tell you that I think next weeks episode of The Hills may be the episode I am in. I am at The Colony at the same time as them and at the store...Thankfully I'll be at camp by then so I won't be able to see it right away. Tell me how my reality debut goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment