Monday, May 24, 2010

Freaks to Freaks

This past weekend my Dad came out to visit me. It was really nice having him out here and we were able to do some exploring together since I haven't really gone much farther then Beverly Hills and Hollywood. We went down to Venice Beach and checked out all the freaks and body builders and watched people with strollers lining up to apply for medical marijuana. We then drove out to Malibu, had an huge brunch and did some shopping. We drove pass the Pepperdine University Campus and it was AMAZING. Every inch of the campus has a view of the ocean and it is just spectacular. Although it almost looks to amazing...a little bit like Disney World where everyone is happy-go-lucky and walks around in salmon coloured pants with zoo animals printed on top. Besides that, apparently it is extremely religious. Now, there is nothing wrong with that at all but after talking to a handful of people, it's like the extreme opposite of Venice Beach. Maybe a bit cult-ish?

I am realizing everyday how much time I have left and although I am SO excited to go back to CAMP, there is so much that I want to do before time runs out.  I know this is an extremely short post but I didn't want you to be waiting around as long for the next one. Time is ticking!

No comments:

Post a Comment